Friday, December 21, 2007

Halfway there and Happy Holidays!!

First and foremost Aaron and I would like to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe Holiday! We have been blessed with so much this year, and can't wait for the upcoming adventures of 2008!



So here's a pic of "the bump" at 19 weeks.



HERE is a pic of the bump from yesterday...post 23 week appt with the OB.













In case ya'll were wondering...yes...I'm showing...I really started noticing about 19 weeks....everyone that even looks in my direction notices now though.


It's a bit of a fun game to me though, b/c I'll see people look at me...and it goes -face-->-->BELLY--->face. To which I just say "yes" if I know this person doesn't already know I'm harboring something roughly the size of a soda can (per the NP I saw yesterday).


The appointment yesterday went well..it was just a general...weight, blood pressure, "how's it going" kinda deal. Little Miss had a heartrate of 138, which when I commented sounded low, the nurse reassured me that as long as it's b/t 120 and 170 we're good. I guess the rate can bounce around..it has alot to do with what I eat during the day, the time of day, and how Momma is feeling. I was scheduled to see a Dr. Tegeler but he was full up, and running behind, with middle age complaining women (I'm sorry I don't have much sympathy for people in waiting rooms, having worked in a Dr.'s office for 3 years). I'm fairly impressed with my restraint though...and Aaron's. We were able to keep it down to just communicating through brief facial expressions when the Menopause twins that were sitting directly across from me started in on the Nurse Tech "I've been waiting almost an hour", "well I'm supposed to see that Dr. too so I assume I'll be here for a while also"...whine whine whine. But again...only facial expressions...not jumping in their faces and telling them that in a few short months I'll be pushing a baby out, that I really wanted McDonald's right now, and that if ANYONE should get to see the Dr at this very instance it should be me! *sigh*

When my name was called I hurriedly arose, and when she told me that the Dr. was running behind and offered me Sandra (a Nurse Practitioner) I gladly accepted!


Sandra was very nice. In fact I liked it that most of the time she seemed to be directing her answers to my questions to Aaron, and including him in this very Mommy-centered ordeal. She measured my bump, and I'm right on target...23 1/2 weeks, and I'm b/t 23-24 cm. She explained that the cm are supposed to match the weeks, and if it goes to far above or below (ie..if at my appt at 29 weeks I'm still measuring 24cm) they'll do another sonogram to check for fluids and baby size..but that right now..right on target. She also ok'd me to take Zantac for this monster heartburn that I'm getting. As soon as we returned home to Lathrop, I stopped at my in-laws and raided their "candy-drawer" and was oh so relieved to see they had some heartburn relief for me! W/in a brief 1/2 hour my acid was at bay..sweet relief!

My next appointment is scheduled for January 21st...so stayed tuned!


In Love and Friendship,

Aaron, Suzy, Little Miss, and the various menagerie of Greer household pets (in no particular order: George, Tapi, Trump {in the very top picture}, Tid, Leroy, Tucker, Bertha, Hattie, Lucy...and a partridge in a pear tree!)











No comments: