No, I haven't had another appointment...just had some thoughts to share.
1) People that don't think before they speak:
Where I have been fortunate to not have alot of foreign hands go in for a belly rub, I have been recently accosted with people who don't have a filter from brain to mouth-case in point "Siding Guy"-I had met his wife before but never had the er, pleasure(?) of meeting him until Friday. His side of the conversation was riddled with stuff, that yes, I've heard before "Wow, you are REALLY big", "are you SURE there is only one baby in there?", "Man, you look uncomfortable"....but this guy just HAD to throw in one I hadn't heard..."So..." he started so casually "how many times have you done this?"
No really, those words actually came out of his mouth.
I vaguely remember his wife blurting out "HONEY!" and Aaron nudging me in the back before I calmly responded with "First time, first baby, I was just blessed with hips that give the illusion that I'm a veteran."
2) People that ask obvious questions:
This refers back to the last post about me trying to keep to myself a bit more. There are people who "know" how to ask a question, for example "how are you feeling?" as opposed to telling a question "wow, you look exhausted!" or "have you got everything ready?" versus "I hope you have your sh1t together b/c you look like you are ready to explode". Those people that "know" how to ask a question, thank you, b/c I appreciate you. The people that don't, don't read the blog. Enter in Random Church guy that I haven't seen for about 3 years, who after telling my Mom it's ok that I'm knocked up since I'm married asks ever so innocently "what is it?"
My response was out of my mouth before I could catch it, but really at 9mo pregnant and being the person I am, "we're pretty sure it's a baby" just kinda came out. Random Church guy looked a tad taken aback, and my Mom's eyes widened a bit, and I sweetly covered back with..."a girl baby, it's a girl".
~*~
Had the Mom side/Church side shower this weekend, and it was alot of fun. Again..pictures are on the camera, and I'll get the non-Suzy ones up sometime soon (and hopefully before the baby pictures come). There were lots of good friends, family and lots of laughter.
~*~
Yesterday, Easter-Aaron and I just lounged at home. Where he found it kinda boring and that he "wasted" a day, I reminded him that it was probably one of the last days of our lives that we'd be able to do nothing and get away with it. We also had a sick baby at home...Little Lucy-the Min Pin..ugh..she was a puking mess all day, so we didn't really get too far from her. We missed Ryan's (Aaron's brother) birthday, but I have a feeling he'll probably forgive us.
Look for more on Thursday, or whenever news happens.

1 comment:
Glad that you just hung out this weekend. I remember being SO tired of being pregnant and SO scared of labor and SO ready to meet Max that I just wanted to get it all over with. A baby changes your life in the most wonderful way, but there's also something equally wonderful about "just the two of you," and don't let anyone tell you anything different. Make sure to take a nap together, eat at a restaurant that doesn't have high chairs, and go see a movie before baby arrives...
Post a Comment