Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dear Baby,

Madelyn, you are 9 months old. Again it's hard for me to even fathom it. But it's true.
You are still a big time Momma's girl. My fingers furiously flying against the keyboard right now, while your Dad tries to stay quiet and keep the animals away so I can even get this post typed up while you're napping on the couch. I tried this last night, but only got the pictures uploaded..couldn't type with you sleeping on my lap. I can multi-task, but not that well.
December was a good month. Christmas was fun for you. I'm starting to think that everything is fun for you. 90% of the time you are in a good mood.
You very happily say "Dad"....even though I think that's totally unfair. You also say "Nee-nee" very clearly, which I can only interpret to maybe be Granny?
You can stand indepently. You aren't walking yet...but you can stand up from a sitting posistion with no problem. You cruise along (anything) with ease.
What else can I say about you at 9 months that I haven't said before. You are just a great kid.
We're so happy to have you, and you are such a joy.

You wake up in a good mood. Even when we tease you about your bedhead hair. You are the girl of a thousand pajamas. And a million clothes...

You tolerate family pictures, even when they have a dog in them as well. You love the Christmas tree, and I think that's why I'm reluctant to take it down yet...

You allow me to do impromtu photo shoots in the bathroom, in the dark, with Christmas lights.


And in the crib...

You are even sweet and pretty when you sleep....even though you sleep with a remote control. Who needs a teddy bear?


You love your Papaw, and the rolls he made for Christmas Eve dinner.



You have fun with Aunt Toast at Christmas breakfast...

and you crack up at Aunt 'Rissa...


Enjoying the little things as well as the big...you get as much enjoyment out of scraps of paper and holes cut out of doors as you do 'real' presents and toys. You play peek a boo with whatever you can get ahold of. Even if it's just hiding your tiny clasped hands over your face.
It just keeps getting better.
Everyday we love you more.
Happy 9 months Baby Girl,
Love you-
Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She is just a beautiful baby, and clearly very, very happy.

Anonymous said...

This post was awesome!

&& I am in love with the one of her with the Christmas lights! That is wayyy too cool!