Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear No-Stop-Don't-No,

Hi Baby.
Here we are at 14 months, and lately the title of this letter..has been your name. You are into EVERYTHING. Opening drawers, climbing on (and breaking parts off of) the computer desk, eating my candles...check, check, and check.
You are talking more. But your favorite word is still "Da-Da"-I don't really think you get how much it kinda irks me....I carried you, went through the labor, have changed 90% of the diapers (when Granny Nanny isn't around), I still get up in the middle of the night with you, and yet..Da-Da...it's always Da-Da. You are saying Mama more though...thankfully! You've also added Nan-nan, and Popaw. It took me awhile to get you to say Popaw (which I'm sure will transistion into Papaw before too long)-then I figured out that when we are at the farm...I call my Dad..Dad, and you hear that...so you were calling him Da-Da as well. The other words are more just half words...you get the beginnings really well...Buh-un (button), pa-pa-oof (puff-the little gerber puff thingies), Bud (Bird), Tatie (potatoes), Uh-oh, and the new and current favorite "No"...this No is generally accompanied by shaking your little head and or wagging your tiny little pointer finger. *sigh*
You squeal with delight when Barney comes on television, you clap when something in the music (whether its on tv 'if you're happy and you know it" or the hamster dance on youtube) says "clap".
You're a smart kid...we've been working on "where is your ________?"-with no problem you can get mouth, nose, hair, ears, belly, and piggies. You Nan-nan and I have also been throwing in the spanish names for various body parts as well in hopes that you'll pick those up too!
I think that our breastfeeding relationship is coming to a close. It's pretty bittersweet. I'll miss those moments that only you and I get to share. But I won't write anymore about it b/c just thinking about it has me crying at the keyboard.
It's summer and you are loving it. As much as we aren't really outside parents, we enjoy seeing YOU enjoy the outdoors so we're making the most of it.
Even though this past month has been a bit rough (you are cutting some molars) you are still my joy of joys. The sun in my sky. The caramel in my Snickers bar. The glaze on my donut. The cheese in my macaroni. The scent in my candle. The pepperoni on my pizza. The perfume in my bottle. The Netflix in my DVD player.... You are all of my favorite things wrapped up in a tiny little package.
We love you Madelyn!











1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

What did we do without your precious little self in our lives?! You are just the BESTEST all around baby girl in the world!
Love you Peep-eye!
Granny Nanny