Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dear Madelyn,

It's getting harder and harder for me to write your letters.
It's not that you are doing less (that is most CERTAINLY not the case) -I think it's just my tired pregnant brain, and the fact that the milestones you've got now are more subtle than they used to be. It used to be stuff like "sitting up, crawling, walking"-but now it's stuff like counting 1-15 in 3 different voices (1-your normal speaking voice, 2-a high pitched voice, 3-whisper quiet), counting 1-10 in spanish (which completely blows my mind), and singing the ABC song at least 3 times in a row and at different levels of volume intensity. Maybe subtle isn't the right word. But I guess after I've heard the ABC song so many times in one day, I'm more ready for a hot bath than I am to blog about it. Tired..that is the word I'm looking for.

Tired. You wear me out. But it's a fun thing. You talk. Constantly. You have passed the 2-3 word groupings and have launched into fully formed sentences. The other day both your Dad and I were slack jawed when you pushed a chair into him accidentally, and in response to his "Ow" you said "Didn't mean to hurt you Dad".
You "run away" on a daily basis. Sometimes in response to being scolded, and sometimes just because you feel like it. Also you know that Snow White and Jasmine both ran away at some point...you also tell us you are going to "sweep" (aka sleep) like Snow White. If you could really arrange to do that, you know just for a couple days w/out causing me HUGE concern so I could get a few things done, that would actually be kinda neat. Oh and on the Snow White topic..for Christmas we bought you the Snow White doll and all 7 dwarves that came with it and I'll be dipped if you can't name each and every one of those dwarves. My favorite is "Happy, Ma'am". His name (you'll figure out when you are older, or um, next week) is actually just Happy..but in the movie when he introduces himself to Snow White that is how he does it.
People are surprised when they see you/hear you that you aren't two yet. But until you are I'm sticking with the "She's 21 months" (and so on). You are a fairly good kid in public (store, restaurants)-but you have about a 3 store limit. First store, you do great, second one, great, third one you are starting to lose it. Understandably so.
On occassion you still want me to rock you. *tear* And when you want to be rocked, you also want to be sung to. *tear* And when I sing to you, you usually softly sing along. *tear*
I guess another thing that makes the letters harder to write is the more you grow the harder it is for me to really put into words how much you mean to us.







There aren't enough adjectives in the world. There aren't enough WORDS in the world.
We love you. I can say that. But not without crying.



3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Just one question: Is she wearing a Snuggie?

Aaron and Melissa said...

Oh goodness she looks way too grown up in those pictures! We should get together again... I really enjoyed our last visit!!

Dianna Gilliam said...

You love the Disney princesses but we love you far more! You are the real, live princess of all our hearts and every day you just get sweeter and are so much fun to be around. Except for the early morning wake up calls I am so happy to take care of you for Mommy while she works. You are priceless and yes, saying I love you often comes with a tear or two. As you grow older you will find love often moves you to tears and that is perfectly alright. If you remain as much like your mama as you are now, reading the letters she has written to you will make you cry as much as they make your Nan-Nan cry. You are so loved Princess Madelyn.