Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8 days to go

Pete's birthday is too fast approaching(as is Madelyn's)-I got the idea this morning to post a 'month a day' until his birthday...just to discover I've only got 8 days. Sidenote-I'm SO thankful for healthy, happy, beautiful babies-but it really breaks my heart to see them grow so fast!

March 16, 2010-Mr. Freshly born. I'll openly admit that the first thing I asked was "is he ok?!"-being 5 weeks early and all had me more freaked out than I'd like to admit. Once assured that he was alright, I apologized to Dr. O for almost throwing up on him.
March 20, 2010- Peter comes home! Yes, I had to leave the hospital without my baby boy..and it was terrible...but he stayed and got the treatment he needed (for jaundice) and he was all set to come home just a few days later.

April 26, 2010-photo shoot with sister. It was at this point (doing picture comparisons w/Madelyn's at the same age) that I really started to see the resemblance of my babies. The same cheeks, the same nose...


my sleepy, little lump...sometime in May...



June 10th....the first time I was able to catch this look on camera...but NOT the last time I would see it....this is/was just the precursor to his onery-ness!
8 more days until Peter Joel turns 1 year old!




1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

and he just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter and yes, you can see the mischeivous gleam in his eyes just before he smiles that P-Joe smile that could melt the coldest heart! Methinks Pappy called it and young Mr. Greer will indeed be a pistol!