Tuesday, October 9, 2007

yes, it was THAT quick.

My second OB appointment was scheduled at 8am yesterday. Being a good little patient (and having worked in a health care office before) I showed up at 7:50. And by 8:12 I was back to the Jeep and on my way. No really. I was.
My blood pressure is good (better than when I'm not pregnant actually). And the Baby G's heartrate was 156.
I didn't really have any questions for the doctor. He did ok me to take a low dose allergy pill (allergies have been a big problem thus far), and said that the 3 lbs I had gained since last visit was completely normal and healthy.
Again it was offered for the Down's screening, and again I declined. In the long run it probably would be nice to know, but it wouldn't change anything for us.
Next appointment is set for November 16..and if all goes well (and if I don't change my mind) we'll know what we've got...another puppy..or a baby..kidding, kidding. Aaron is very pro finding out if Baby G is a boy or girl, and I must admit as it's creeping ever closer, I'm getting more and more curious myself.
So not much of an update from the doctor's...and not really much going on with us lately either.
Aaron continues on his millionaire quest...I hope this kid gets some of his hard-working streak. Aaron is also one of the most quietly excited people I know. Now if I told him I was going to deliver a brand new Dixon mower, he'd be bouncing off the walls...but with this..it's not quite sunk in. Where I have gained a little weight, I'm still not "showing", so it's really kind of hard for both of us to really "get" what's going on. It's like we know it, but we don't "know" it yet. I'm sure around month 8 it will start to sink in!
Right now with me it's a crap shoot on whether it will be a good day or not. I'll go a few days w/out being sick, then I'll get sick twice in the same day. Haven't gone on too many crying jags, and the ones I have been on have been stress induced, not just random. Food that tastes the best right now...anything salty...terrible right? Blts, chips, cheese, bring it on. You can keep the sweet stuff.
This past Sunday I celebrated my 25th birthday (and last birthday as a non-parent). Aaron and his family surprised me the night before with a party at a local eatery and it was a good time.
That's about it with us right now. My intention as of now is to keep this blog up as I have appointments...I really think the November one will be more entertaining!

Oh yeah, added another canine to the family....but that's a story for another day.

-Suzy, Aaron, and Baby G.

1 comment:

Cindi and the Old Testament said...

happy B-day! I hope you had fun at your party! If you want I'll bake you a cake!!!! What kind do you want?
ANOTHER DOG!!!!!! Will there be any room for baby?