"You look...
"uncomfortable?" I offered.
"..I hate to agree with you, but yes. How are you? You're to that point huh?"
And yes, yes is the answer.
In my family we've always played with the saying..."It's been real. It's been fun. Can't say it's been 'real fun'" and THAT is where I am at.
I saw Sandra the nice Nurse Practioner today for my 2 week appt. She walks in, looks right at me and says : Almost 35weeks, this is REALLY gonna happen. Whatever you are feeling, it's normal. The low pressure, pain behind your pubic bone, you might even get some stabbing pains, that's all gravity working on that baby who is not as small as she once was. You aren't sleeping are you? No, (she answered her own question after she took another look at me) you aren't. You could probably benefit from some sleep, so just know it's totally ok to take some Tylenol PM. You've got some swelling, totally normal too. You are on the home stretch though, your next appointment will be in 2 weeks, and at that time you'll be 36 weeks and if you go into labor, we won't stop you. Any questions?
Um, nope. Truly in that speal she gave me she covered about everything I was having issues with. We talked a little....my massive swelling on Monday was probably due to the fact that weekend eating habits don't match midweek eating habits. My eating habits are shite lately anyway...Sandra said "you pay for what you eat" and she wasn't speaking in monetary terms. True though, and I need to think about that more often. Especially when I am reaching for the salt shaker....oops.
So back in two weeks, to start real "exams" *shudders* But how cool is it that if something happens in two weeks and I go into labor, it's a done deal? I'm not really getting my hopes up though...if she has ANY of her parent's stubborn streak she might be in there for the long haul!
However Tucker and Hattie (a couple of the fur-kids) will be getting their exercise in a couple weeks..they are my best leash walkers and I can use giving them a "change of environment" as a good excuse to walk myself...which is rumored to sometimes speed up this whole pregnancy process...only time will tell!
I've been the lucky guest of honor at a couple baby showers lately. One hosted by my Mother in Law, and the other was a tri-hosting by again my Mother in law and two of Aaron's cousins. Pictures were taken, but since I am in most of them, I think as I am putting away the lovely goodies I might snap pictures of a few to show you what I got, instead of showing you...me. B/c trust me about this...I look uncomfortable enough in person..so I'll spare you. I big bloggy thank you to everyone, but you will be getting REAL thank you cards from Aaron and myself as well..I promise. But the shower fun doesn't stop there...My Ma and awesome sister in law (along with some really cool ladies from church) are throwing me yet ANOTHER one...aaaannnddd the lovely ladies I work with are doing a little work one too. I'm a very lucky pregnant gal, and Little Miss is a very lucky little girl that is racking up all sorts of fun stuff!
Ha, yes the title of the post(then I'll shut up)....today as the nurse was getting Bit-Bit's heartrate she had the hiccups...it went a little like this "beat beat beat GULP, beat beat beat GULP". I mentioned to the nurse that she seemed to get hiccups alot, and the nurse says "that's the sign of a happy baby". So between that and "heartburn means LOTS of hair" in a few short weeks I'm expecting a very happy, hairy baby!

2 comments:
Yay! I can't wait to meet the little, hairy, hiccuping lady!
So funny... I remember when I was pregnant with Kameryn and the doc told me that if I had heartburn then it was a good indication that he would have lots of hair. I told my mom and she made a comment about him coming out looking like a monkey... I cried for DAYS! And then, of course, he was almost bald! My kids never had hiccups when I was pregnant... hope it doesn't make you uncomfortable! Can't wait to see her :)
Post a Comment