It's really hard for me to believe that you are 12 weeks old today. I can't really wrap my head around it.
You are such a joy in more ways than you'll ever know.Constantly making a new face or sound. You've recently discovered (with the help of your Granny Nanny) that you can scoot yourself forward...I'm sure you'll be crawling before we know it.
You've discovered your voice too. You coo and aaah and try so desperately to let us know what's going on in that little head of yours.
You've had your rough spots...but they've been minor. Just know...colic is the devil. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and no way to help you through it. But we hold you when you are upset, and sometimes Mommy cries when you cry. All the research we've done says that it should be over soon...so hang on little tomato, sunshine's coming round' the bend, to turn your tears to dew instead. (That's out of Mommy's favorite Pink Martini song..you'll learn it later on.)
The fur-covered 'brothers' and 'sisters' of the house are pretty much used to you as well. They don't pay much mind to you, and you don't pay much mind to them. You aren't a fan of Lucy barking...but none of us are.
You are probably beyond confused with all the names we call you. I think you like Madelyn and Maddie the best and that you really do know that is your name...but you are getting use to the others...Maddie-Cakes (that's what I've called you all along), Maddie-kins, Maddie-Grace (That's what your Papaw calls you)Gracie-Boo, Punkin' Seeder, Drooly Julie, Sweet Tater, Leepy Girl, Princess, Honey-bun..there are others too...really whatever comes to mind when we see you pops out of our mouths..and as long as you know we're talking to you..you like what we're saying.
Mommy and Granny Nanny sing to you too. You and Mommy preform songs for Daddy..he humors us..but Mommy doesn't have the best voice..he mainly just likes to see you 'dance' (with my help). We sing him the Crocodile song from Peter Pann alot. You like the Cuppycakes song, and Pat-a-cake (you and Gramona play that). Sometimes I sing you to sleep, Let me Call you Sweetheart, Baby Mine (from Dumbo) and Pretty Baby (from this old Debbie Reynolds movie).
Every night I say a prayer and thank Heaven for you, my precious little one.
We love you Madelyn.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
You are my sunshine
my only sunshine
You make me happy
when skies are gray
You'll never know dear
how much I love you...
my only sunshine
You make me happy
when skies are gray
You'll never know dear
how much I love you...


2 comments:
Aw, Suzy, this is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your other site with me. I just love this letter to Maddie. You should definitely print this out and put a copy in her baby book. She will enjoy this later on.
Hi Suzy,
Dianna gave me your blog link and it's fun hearing about you and your family. I can't believe Maddie is 12 weeks old! Wow the time is flying!
Take care and enjoy her while you can because if you blink the next thing you know, she'll be a teenager!!
Love and hugs,
Theresa & Don in Arizona
Post a Comment