Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lotsa photos, lotsa news, lotsa July!

Well my Mom (Granny-Nanny) told me I was really falling down on the family blog job lately. My sincere apologies! No computer at home + a very entertaining 3mo old makes it really hard to get things done!

So here is a photo filled newsy post!

In either late June, or early July- Aaron, Madelyn, and I went out to lunch at Ponak's with our good friends Steve, Angela and Little Miss Sophie. The food and the company were both great! Madelyn didn't quite know what to think of Sophie, but I'm sure once she's big enough to play the two will be fast friends!

Here's just a fun shot of the babe-I actually took it yesterday (7/21)-it's just a slight smile. She's in a stage now where she's too interested in the 'little silver box' to actually smile at it.
Sometimes she eats her fingers! Ok..she doesn't really 'eat' them...but we went from colic to teething (yay me), so we're chewing on everything! We're really liking our bumbo (the purple thing she's sitting in for the next few pics) that our Aunt Virginia and Uncle Jim got us!
Sister Bertha LOVES to give kisses. Aaron and I both agreed that we think if we were that size and something big and hairy tried to lick us, we might freak out...but she is our child and will probably be JUST as soft headed about animals as we are, so she enjoys the kisses. (Don't worry, we didn't let the dog go crazy with the licks, just enough for a good pic!)

Grandma Ramona (and Lucy too!) like the bumbo and the little noise maker toys. She's got her rattle in her left hand, and she's discovering that when she's got ahold of it, and makes a move..it makes a noise!
Here's Granny-Nanny (who provides the daily care while Aaron and I work) giving Miss Priss a bottle. My Mom is a real picture phobe, but I told her that Maddie might want to look back at these pics one day (like I do my old photo albums) and she graciously allowed me to snap one!
A smile! Her beautiful gummy little smile! Of course it's a side shot b/c Aaron had to get her to smile while I tried to get the picture...but so cute. This smile was followed by her first out loud laugh! (7/20)-made me cry!!!
Rewind to 4th of July. Aaron and I were super super busy selling fireworks, so the actual 4th was a cluster of a busy day. On the 5th Grandpa Rodney put on a small show for Miss Priss. The fountains were her favorite! The first pic is of Maddie on my lap, leaning in to watch the show. And the second..you can see the sparks of a firework on the right..and us watching it! She wasn't a fan of the loud stuff, again loved the fountains, and didn't mind the roman candles too much.


Here is Madelyn and her Aunt Marcy. Marcy made Madelyn's blessing dress. Absolutely stunning.
On July 13th-Madelyn Grace recieved her blessing at church from her Papaw. Uncle Jim, Uncle Ted (Aunt Marcy's husby), and Brother Foley (who performed our marriage) stood in circle with him. We didn't get any shots of Madelyn and Papaw while Maddie was in her dress. I was a little too scared to keep her in the dress b/c she's a bit of a spit-up girl right now and I didn't want it to gack up the beautiful dress. Below is Madelyn, Momma, and Papaw (my Dad) outside of the church after the service.
One last shot (esp for Granny-Nanny) in her pretty dress. I think that pink might be her signature color!

Well, I think that's all I have for now...well, scratch that...we go to see the Pediatrician tomorrow..so I'll probably update with her new stats!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious!! I just love the picture where she's smiling right before her first laugh. That was nice your mom let you take her picture too!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcy said...

Darn she just gets more beautiful with every day!!!! She is just a gorgeous baby!!! I'm sure glad you update your blog now & then because it keeps me in the loop. LOVE the pics & hearing the updates!!!! & love you!