You are six months old today. Even as I type that sentence I get teary. How is it possible? How is it that the baby I couldn't even feel a year ago, is now here? Not just here, but has been here giving me the best reason to breathe, for 6 months now.
Entertaining is a word we use. Fun is a word we use. But neither really begin to describe what joy you bring to all of us.
You are the raspberry blowing queen! You laugh, oh how you laugh now! It's the sweetest sound I've ever heard. You like being tickled, and when we do tickle you, you laugh even louder.
You are mentally ahead of the curve, astounding the doctor and Parents as Teachers lady. Should you be doing most of the stuff you are doing at your age?...no. But are you?..yes! Waving, got it. Looking for someone by name, got it. Anxiety, got it.
You are thisclose to crawling, and you are rolling over like crazy! We know that we have to finish the living room (putting up some sort of wall or railing) before you get even more mobile.
You and I still enjoy the bonding of breastfeeding. Even with your two teeth it's not bad. We're taking little steps at 'food food' too. Your Granny gives you cereal w/some sort of fruit in it usually daily, and you still get your cookie (it's really a teething biscuit) too.
My birthday is next week. It really crept up on me. Your Dad and I both agree that birthdays and holidays don't hold the personal allure that they used to. Just another day to us, because we're focusing so hard on you.
This past month you've enjoyed visits from your Aunt Lyn from New York, and your Granny Rose who flew from Indiana to see you again.
It's rare to see you when you aren't smiling. And your smile is my heart.
I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep, cause I miss you, and I don't want to miss a thing.
Synchronicity that I finished this post at 3:46, the same time of day that you were born, 6 months ago.
Love,
Momma


No comments:
Post a Comment