Monday, October 20, 2008

"other" family members.

I've been so consumed with Maddie Grace over the past 15 months (I'm counting my pregnancy in there) that I've neglected to introduce you (I call 'you' people who know us, but may not know exactly how crazy about animals we are) to the pets.
In an effort to blog more...I'll be doing little intros of them, random family news, as well as the general Maddie Grace updates.
This past week was a bit of a mess. Monday was good...Columbus day, so I scored an extra day off with Maddie Grace. Back to work on Tuesday, and I'd sent my Mom a message to call me about this holiday craft we're planning on doing...I didn't hear from her until 9pm that night. At which time she told me she was trying to talk Dad into going to the ER. (and the panic starts) The bad news...he did end up in the ER, his appendix had abcessed and ruptured.The good news...he's a big guy (the surgeon said that if he'd been an average sized guy it would have killed him), he got to come home on Saturday, and I think he's out of expendable problem causing internal parts.
I ended up taking off the rest of the week to run back and forth to the hospital...and since my Mom watches Maddie Grace during the day, and SHE was at the hospital as well I was having an issue with childcare. My sister and brother in law came up to be with Dad as well. Jodi is a nurse down in OK, so I felt really good having her there to tell us anything the nurses or docs at the hospital might not want to. Even though it wasn't the best of circumstances, it was neat that Maddie Grace finally met her Aunt Jodi and Uncle Derrick. After sizing them up for a little while, she went to Jodi with no problem, but only flirted with Derrick (I think it might have had something to do with the ballcap).
Friday night I succumbed to a migraine (generally happens to me when I'm severly stressed out..ie parent in the hospital, go fig.). I was so very lucky that when I got home and took something for my head Maddie Grace napped with me as well. When I woke up even though I still kept the lights off in the house, I was finally able to eat, and after another hour to so I was back to normal.
It was a nice, laid back weekend-sort of. Dad got to come home on Saturday, Aaron and I had a 'date' for dinner and left Maddie Grace with her Grandma..but when Grandma returned home to her house, she called us b/c their dog Kalib (who is brother to two of our dogs) had cut his leg. That became a 9pm visit to the local vet's office, me almost passing out trying to help the vet, and not getting home with Kalib who was still so out of it he couldn't keep his tongue in his mouth until 10:30.
I had grand plans on starting back to church this past Sunday, but selfishly slept in instead.

Pet intro: Cat 2 of 6
Even though he isn't the 'first born' Aaron would be pretty miffed if I didn't blog about 'his baby' first.
So here is Mr. Trump. Trump O'Malley Greer. Dob 3/17/06. You can't see it in this picture but he's got a white square on his neck, so on Sundays he is "Father Trump"
This picture was NOT a fluke. Trump routinely 'dines' with us. He sits in his chair with his front paws on the table. In fact probably 75% of the pictures we take of Trump, he's at the kitchen table. He knows he's not allowed ON the table, but we have the 2-feet only rule. He's also the cat model on my food blog.



No comments: