Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dear Maddie,

You are 8 months old today, and I'm frustrated...but not at you. It's of course the nagging 'I'm here and you aren't' feeling that comes from being a working Mom..and the fact that technology has failed me this morning, and I can't get pictures of your precious self on here today. Perhaps tomorrow.
I didn't give you permission to cut your front teeth, or an additional top two teeth(gives us a total of 6 so far) . Nor did I permit you to be able to stand up by yourself. Seems you do alot of things without asking me first, guess that's something that every Mom has to get used to.
You are big enough now for your little tub chair thing, and even though it was fun for awhile putting you in the tub with me, after this past weekend's turd of events I think we'll stick with the chair. That's right Sister, you laid a couple little logs in the tub...you were proud..I couldn't help but laugh..at the irony of it all,you b/c you were grinning, and at your Daddy as he gagged.
You continue to impress me (and alot of those around you)-this weekend you also went on your first trip to Sam's club-the place was packed, and you didn't mind a bit. And when I showed you big fancy toys, you could care less.
You went to your first party too. We went to our friend Rita's baby shower, and where you weren't too keen on anyone but Mom (and Nanny for a few minutes) holding you. You did let Rita hold you for a second..maybe it's b/c she reminds you of your Aunt Mandy. You played quietly for most of the party and didn't fuss or cry.
Ahead of schedule (like everything else you are doing) you are still adding words...slowly..and quietly. You've yet to be the repeater when we prompt you, so again I'm going to attribute alot to babbling. But when things like "kee-kat" (which I'm pretty sure is kitty cat) slip out in a whispered 'just trying this out' Maddie voice..I know it's more than just babble!
I hear a definate Ma-Ma when you are tired of being in your high chair and I'm busy making dinner. And a clear Da-Da when your Daddy doesn't get home around the normal time you are used to.
You also bark. Really what else could I expect from a kid of mine?
"oof" and you'll point at one of the dogs. And when they get excited and really barky outside..you get excited and barky inside-'oof....Oof...OOF!"
Where I'd like to think your favorite food is still Mama-milk...you are a mashed potato hound! You tolerate the applesauce, peaches, pears, etc...but really...you prefer the potato...and you also love beefaroni. We're in what can potentially be a bad habit of letting you try just about anything we're having...and we haven't found anything yet that you have completely turned down.
Overall you just continue to be the most wonderful, precious, special, great, terrific, , in our entire universe.
We sure do love you!
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a sweet letter! She sounds just adorable.

Laura said...

It goes so fast!