The weekend has been fairly low key. Yesterday Madelyn spent some time over at her Grandpa and Grandma Greer's, playing in a flower pot! On my way back from dropping her off, I heard the little boys across the street talking (the neighbors we cutting a tree down), telling the other little kids that were over to "come see the baby squirrels!"...I couldn't help but be nosey. My new neighbor wasn't sure what to do with the little things (they I'm guessing are only about a week old, still pink and naked)-so I offered to take them and she happily let me! I gave my brother (Madelyn's Uncle Bubba) a call, and since my truck isn't really highway reliable he found time to come up and get them! I'm crossing my fingers for an update soon that he and Aunt M are having good luck with them!
Today we went to a local auction (that had about 800 people..yikes)-I was watching some goats for my Mom and dad....at one point I had all three of them for $25, then this *trying to think of a nice descriptive word and it's failing me* um, person started bidding against me...I went to $60, and she topped me at $65. This "person" (I seriously just deleted a big long descriptive sentence..I'm trying to take the high road) has more money than....(again I was deleting there) let's just say she was willing to spend more than I was. There...nice right? So Boon is still an only child for now. Probably for the best anyway.
Ok, so there isn't much "news" to this post...am I so terrible that even though I only work 2 1/2 days a week, I still dread Mondays? *sigh*
Madelyn is already passed out (no afternoon nap), and we're close behind!
Oh, quick movie review...Lakeview Terrace....we enjoyed it. Makes me really thankful for the neighbors we have!!

2 comments:
I only work 4 days this week, and I'm still dreading tomorrow!!
But my visiting teacher just brought over some brownies, and I am very, very happy now.
You should send these Oreo shots into Peyton and Eli!
Post a Comment