Monday, June 15, 2009

Movie Monday

I try not to spoil it if you haven't seen it! I'm not going to give away plot twists..I'm just going to let you know if I enjoyed it and would recommend it, k? Let's begin....



The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Suzy rating B.
I'm not generally a Brad Pitt fan (I can literally hear my friend Steph gasping right now as she reads this)-but I'm not. I thought the Ocean's movies were entertaining enough...but every now and then a movie comes along that really reminds me of how much I do enjoy Brad Pitt. This one fits in that category (the other was Troy *growls*). There are parts of this movie where he is just to terribly handsome that you can't help but sigh at the mere sight of him. The movie is on the longish side (over 2 1/2 hours) so make sure the kids are either sleeping or distracted for a good amount of time. Oh, and be prepared for many parallels to Forrest Gump. But overall, I really did like it.


Let the Right One In: Suzy rating D.
I took this one into the queue on a recommendation of a friend who'd seen the trailer and said it looked good. However...I'll never know. The D rating is b/c I got about 25 minutes into it before I turned it off. The plot was there...picked on boy who wants to get vengence, vampire girl next door...it has potential. But not when it's in a different language, has poor voice over, and my captions don't match the voice over it matches the actual translation. Hard to follow when I prefer to read my movies.

He's Just not that Into You: Suzy rating A-
Great cast. Clever and cute. Chick flick. I can't say I really like Jennifer Connolly (I liked her in Labyrinth way back when), but I liked her in this. This movie really reminds me that I'm just so glad to be out of the dating, waiting, and guessing game. It really took me back to before I was married and all the speculation and questions that being single holds. I really liked Ginnifer Goodwin in this, and I loved how even though there are alot of characters, there are ties that relate them all. A good movie for just a girl's night after the husband and kids are in bed! (Even though Aaron watched it with me and thought it was cute too!)
There ya go kiddos! If you've seen them, or SEE them..let me know what you think!


1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I really dislike long movies, but I really liked Benjamin Button. And Brad really is very attractive in that movie.

Haven't seen He's Not That Into You. My husband will be out of town this weekend, so it sounds like a perfect movie to see!