Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dear Aaron,

It's not quite normal that I write a letter to you on here...b/c most of them are for Madelyn. But you deserve one. You deserve alot for putting up with me for 5 years. You put up with Me, my mood swings, my temper, my drama..and it's true..I put up with alot from you too...but especially from this past year and a half of bringing Madelyn into our little family....it's been alot to deal with.
We've come a long way in 5 years. We've grown alot(-especially physically...don't we look so skinny in our wedding photo?)-we've grown as people, we've grown as parents, and we've grown together.
I think overall I can constantly say that you ARE my best friend. You are the first one I want to talk to everyday. You are my go-to for everything. You and Madelyn ARE my everything.
I wouldn't trade our Far West wedding for anything. It was simple, it was wonderful, and it was perfect...for us.
I guess I kinda feel like a commercial-$20 for a wedding dress, $12 for wedding flowers, so far 5 years of love, laughter and friendship-priceless. (ok cheesy) And one of these days I know we'll make it to the temple, that's the next step....a total Forever Family. We'll get there.
In the meantime I just love you. I trust you. I respect you. I honor our commitment to one another. And I hope the next 5, the next 15, the next 25, the next 50...have as much love in them as these 5 have.

Happy Anniversary, Bud.

1 comment:

Phogles said...

I can't believe you've been married for 5 years. It doesn't seem like the right number somehow. Either 5 years is not long enough, or it's too long. Anyway, it's wonderful. And, yes, the whole temple thing is wonderful. It's totally worth it. Congratulations, and success!