Unfortunately since Madelyn has her Barney habit..each time I hear the word "zoo" I get Barney song with the Zoo-ze-zoo riff in my head. But either way..a couple weeks ago Aaron took a Friday off, and we (Aaron, Madelyn, Momo, Papaw, and Myself) headed to the KC Zoo.
I hadn't been there since before my friend Mike went on his mission...so eh...7 years or so..geez...
it was a perfect day for it...since all the other kids are back in school it wasn't crowded at all, and we had great weather for it too! With the awesome weather we are having lately..and since we completely missed half of the zoo b/c we didn't notice the tram until we were leaving...we might go back again this year!

Madelyn loved feeding the various animals-right after this shot the other 10 deer figured out she had food!

Madelyn and Dad, checking out the Meerkats...at one point she was trying to kiss the glass..she really liked them!

She and Papaw sat on the camel, but she decided she didn't want to ride it, maybe next year!

Again with feeding the animals! I'm lucky she's taller than the sheep's backs, otherwise I would have lost her!

This 'ride' is outside the gift shop...I think she was more interested in the monkey sitting next to her!
2 comments:
we have a zoo trip planned for September for George's 1st b'day to the Omaha zoo, which we haven't been to as a family for 6 1/2 years!...gonna be fun, lots of photo ops, definitely. :o)
Thanks for the sneak peak! We're headed to the zoo soon too... for the same reasons that made it a great trip for you guys: all the other kids are in school and the weather is perfect! :) I love the pig tails by the way!
Oh, and PS, I haven't forgotten about my pay it forward. I have a couple things in mind to send you, but just haven't gotten my act together to actually make it to the post office. You know how it is. :)
Post a Comment