You are NOT having a good time working on your stomach and eye teeth...that in turn with being a few months ahead of the curve and it feels like we're in the terrible twos already.
On the way to your first plane ride you puked in the car, so your Dad and I were REALLY nervous about actually putting you on the plane..but you were a pro..and you seemed to really enjoy it!
The plane ride was for our trip to Indiana ..and I'm sure one of these days you'll roll your eyes at me when I talk about all the wonderful summers I spent there and how much I love it there. Your Dad likes to visit there too...but it's not 'home' for him like it is for me. Your Granny Rose (whose name isn't Rose at all by the way)-adores you. She admited once we were back home that she thought you were a sweet baby, but when we visited she REALLY fell in love with you. How could she not?
Just this past weekend was the Friendship Festival in our little town and it had a carnival...sadly the carnival didn't have any rides small enough for you. Next year though you'll have quite a time!
You love...hear me when I say LOVE to watch the dwarves on Snow White..and your hint to us that you want to watch it? You walk around the house saying "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho"-it's very entertaining! You also love Cinderella still...and "Rella" is also one of your favorite things to say.
You are looking more and more like I did when I was little.
I had a really sweet moment this month...just a minute that really (as if I didn't know already) cements that you ARE paying attention to me..and you are quite a little person...you have quite a little personality....and you remember things...very important things.
One thing I am glad you don't remember is when you were little and you had colic..it was a terrible time...very late nights and the only thing that I could do was hold you and sing to you and eventually BOTH of us would fall asleep. Even before you were born I sang the SAME lullaby to my belly...to you.
Over the past month you've started singing...softly and just to yourself sometimes, and at other times loud and proud.. "I dooooooo, I dooooooo"....none of us could figure it out. But I did....
I made you a cd to keep in the truck...packed with Disney songs from Aladdin, Mary Poppins, of course Heigh-Ho..in fact that is on there twice...and I also snuck in some other stuff...like the Trolley Song by Judy Garland, the Harry Potter theme music...and the lullaby that I've always sung to you-
I made you a cd to keep in the truck...packed with Disney songs from Aladdin, Mary Poppins, of course Heigh-Ho..in fact that is on there twice...and I also snuck in some other stuff...like the Trolley Song by Judy Garland, the Harry Potter theme music...and the lullaby that I've always sung to you-
It's called Lullaby in Blue..and it's from a movie called Bundle of Joy with Debbie Reynolds..I saw the movie when I was pregnant and thought the song was sweet..and I was able to remember it..after all it's simple enough-
How I love my pretty baby
sweet and precious, pretty baby
how I love my pretty baby
Honest to goodness I do
See here, Sandman's a'comin
and he'll be here
Mighty mighty soon
and if you don't cry
he'll be passing by
with a great big lollipop moon
(you can go here and hear the actual song)
(you can go here and hear the actual song)
So we're in the truck and I turn on your cd and Lullaby in Blue comes on...and in the back seat I hear your sweet little voice singing "I dooooo, I dooooo"
I think it's been one of the most precious moments for me.
We love you so much Madelyn-
Honest to goodness, we do.

3 comments:
Your mama is so right when she says "Honest to goodness we do!" It is hard to believe you are sixteen months old already and you are such a bright little munchkin. You are a joy to be with 99.44% of the time and I truly love taking care of you while Mama works! You are the light of Nan-Nan's life for sure!
What a sweet post to your precious baby girl! She is darling! I love how sweet she seems to be :) Enjoy those moments that touch your heart!!!
It's so easy to see why you love your little Miss Madelyn!! Who wouldn't? She is such a precious baby girl and I hope you continue to enjoy her sweet smile, laughter and whimsey!! Love and hugs to you and your family.
Theresa
Post a Comment