Friday, October 30, 2009

All jack-ed up

That face..seriously...when I tell you people she has a rotten streak..BELIEVE me! We let her get her frustration out gutting pumpkins. And notice I didn't wash off her 'nose' yet...(it's gone now, post bath, but will be back again tomorrow!)

She wouldn't touch "the guts" but she loved jabbing it with her big "toon" (spoon). She wasn't sure what we were doing to her "unkin"-but I assured her that she'd like it!


"Helping" me consisted of saying "ew" as I pulled out seeds. I won't go into right now how unfair I think it is that at 16 weeks I'm already showing as much as I am.



And there he is!
Just for so you all know (and MY family members that read this should get a kick out of this)-Aaron had to leave the room when I started wielding the knife. I'm also fairly sure if my Dad had been here to witness he would have either had a heart attack or fainted. I'm a lefty and my family is convinced I do things "backwards"...that includes ANYTHING to do with a knife. I think I did a nice job on ol Jack though!



3 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

What a cute helper...I love the top pic, nose and all! You did a great job carving the pumpkin but you are right, your dad and I would have been nervous nellies had we been there watching you...correction...I could NOT have watched! Super pics!

Aaron and Melissa said...

I love that face in the first pic... she is too cute!! And I think you did a great job. As for showing early in your pregnancy- it gets worse the more you have! I looked pregnant at like 8 weeks with this one. It happens :( I read a thing one time that said with baby #1 you wear maternity clothes WAY too early, before you show and you put away all of your normal clothes. With baby #2, you wear your normal clothes until you can't wear anything but maternity clothes. With baby #3 your maternity clothes are your normal clothes. It's true!! I can't tell though- you look great!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Cute pumpkin! You did a great job, even if you are left handed. ;o)