Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dear Pee-Wee,

I know I did a pictures only post, but here are a few more for this 18mo letter-

Snuggled into the stroller, not terribly impressed so far with RenFest. I really wanted to get you a Princess Hat, but each time I'd put one on your head you'd say "No, off"...so you got a butterfly wand instead.
Somehow I managed to get my camera to work quickly on just a pretty shot of your face...and those steely grey eyes.

Enjoying a (decaf) iced Pumpkin Spice Latte....I ordered it for me...and got maybe a couple swigs out of it before you started in with "Ice! Kin! Fee! Mom!" Then I'd say no and you'd say "Moooom! Kin! Fee! Ice!!" (iced pumpkin coffee...again..too smart for your own good)

Doing "the monkey". This posistion is generally accompanied by "oooh oooh oohs" And we are all expected to join in.


Lately I've been having trouble looking at pictures of you when you were younger. I guess I just am having a hard time comprehending that my tiny, toothless, beautiful lump has turned into an 18 month old walking, spinning, playing, jabbering (non stop) gorgeous puppet.


The resounding word for you this month...the describing word that everyone is using "FUN". Because you are so fun. You Daddy is jealous that I get to spend at least half of the week with you while he is at work b/c "she's just so fun". You are interactive and playful. You pretend play "tea" and ok...quick inserted memory here (because even though the time stamp on this will say 10/3, I really won't post it until 10/4)-just moments ago here I am on the computer, there you are on the bed, and I hear "Mom, Mom" and when I look over you are saying "Mom, Nap?" and pointing to my side of the bed. It is bedtime, and that is another thing we are dealing with...we know, we really KNOW you need to be sleeping in your own bed, but we selfishly keep you in ours. I'm not sure if I'm really ready to wake up in the middle of the night and not reach for you.


Your vocabulary it seems knows no bounds. I'm not exaggerating when I say at least one, if not two or more new words show up daily. We've had one word that was a Madelyn original..."Uppy". Now back in my babysitting days, the little boy would say "uppy" and mean for me to pick him up....however you my child, are channeling your Dad on this one and "Uppy" is plane. I'm guessing b/c we've told you it's "up" in the sky. That was last week...this week you can say "Airpane" very clearly..and spot them before any of the rest of us do.
You know the princesses Rella, Belle, Heigh-Ho (Snow White), Rora..I think that this month you've really grown attached to Belle (although I have my own thoughts about how Rella and Belle aren't "real" princesses..I'll save that until you are older).

You've also picked up on names...my name, Daddy's name..but surprising to me..you know your Grandparent's names. We went with your Nanan and Papaw to a Dr's appt and when they called "Dianna" you turned to follow her. I know I don't call her that...and she doesn't speak about herself in the third person, so I'm not sure where you got it. But it's impressive. I haven't heard you attempt to say Dianna...but you can very clearly say "Wyan" (for uncle Ryan) and "Wodney" (for Rodney), although I think he prefers Papaw.
Over and over I say it again, that it just keeps getting better, and that you are just more precious to me with each day that goes by....and honestly I think I can speak for everyone that knows you when I say that...that you do just keep getting better.
We love you Pee-Wee!

1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

It seems odd how you can keep amazing each of us but you certainly do on a daily basis. I really hate getting up early in the mornings but I love spending the days that Mama works with you!
You are indeed so much fun to be around and just being with you quickly turns a frown upside down to make a smile...who knew Heigh0Ho, 'Rella, Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty could be so much fun?1 Not to mention calling Colonel Sanders 'Papaw' and giving the KFC cup a big kiss! You are too precocious for words my angel and Nan-Nan loves you too much!