Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Madelyn, like her Momma...

I think adoption is a wonderful thing..that being said the above picture could very well be an ad for it...except she's my own flesh and blood! Sad but true...my beautiful little girl looks nothing like me! (we have some friends that adopted a girl from Russia and she looks exactly like her mother...)
A few months after she was born I had a chance to talk to one of my best friends from High School who also has a little girl (Avah is now 3) and we laughed at the fact that we were best friends, we both had little girls that were destined to be best friends, and that our wonderful little girls looked EXACTLY like their fathers. *sigh*

But..we're seeing more and more that Madelyn..where she might not LOOK like me...is alot LIKE me.

Madelyn, like her Momma-
-cannot sleep with socks on
-needs at least ONE foot out of the covers so it can "breathe"
-sleeps best with a fan on
-loves fried bologna (hey, don't judge)
-tries to make you laugh
-makes up words (this isn't just toddler talk)
-is loving when wants to be
-is overly emotional
-knows what buttons to push when it comes to Aaron (aka Husband aka Dad)
-says "sick head" (that was my phrase of choice when I was sick when I was little I'm told)
-loves to cook/or help cook
-lightly snores
-is hopelessly addicted to tv/movies/the computer
-loves Apple Juice (this was more of a childhood thing for me..but she's addicted right now just as I was)
-is sweet (I'm told I'm sweet at times)
-loves to poke and antagonize
-sleeps best when is next to something-a dog, cat, pillow, or person

So she might not look like me...but she is my Mini-Me.

Speaking of Mini-Mes...Baby #2 is well on their way...we'll find out next month whether we're pink again or blue!

2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

As your mama, I have pictures that prove conclusively Madelyn does indeed look like you in many ways...it is her blue/grey/hazel eyes that throws the resemblance picture off! And personality wise...oh yes she is your mini-me, Suzy clone! The two of you are alike as peas in a pod and speaking from an entirely non-prejudiced viewpoint...I think you are both TERRIFIC! Sweet and fun 99.44% of the time!

Aaron and Melissa said...

None of my kids look like me either! And my kids are all like me in some ways- but Brookelin is JUST LIKE me, too! Sometimes I think it's a curse! Madelyn is darling and sweet... just like her momma :) And every little girl is entitled to be sweet 'sometimes' and to make up words-- afterall- she will be a woman one day!!