Thursday, November 19, 2009

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...


I'm really not sure what edition of ISSTIAUTNG (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good) this is...
It's not a day like any other today...let's start with me, Mom, feeling like someone has taken a potato peeler to my throat and stuffed my head full of cotton balls, and who is rejecting the OB's request that I go to my PCP to get checked for Strep...I don't have a temperature, so I feel it's uneccessary. *shrugs*
Let's continue on to Madelyn, who despite our best attempts (our, being mine and my Mother who was gracious enough to come on her day "off" to bring me orange juice and talk me through how to make chicken soup) has refused to nap.
*sigh*
So stupidly I leave Madelyn in the bedroom watching Cinderella, while I hit the couch in my Alka-Seltzer (btw that stuff tastes like carbonated pool water, yuck) haze to try to watch "The Accidental Husband". And it gets quiet.
I send up a silent prayer that it's sleep that has caused her to be quiet. But my gut tells me that silence isn't sleep.
She was doing her "nails".
For the record carpet cleaner, hot water, and a dry rag will take Sharpie out of wood. I'm sure a soak in the tub will take it off of Madelyn.
In the meantime I'm off to take a nerve pill and some more Alka Seltzer.

2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

She is just so talented with that Sharpie marker and obviously happy with her masterpiece! Gotta love her stunts with a smile like that one her pretty little face! (Van) Go(gh) Madelyn!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Oh no!! I have had to get Sharpie off of my hardwood floors, off my washer/dryer, off my couch, out of clothes and off white carpet! I am very glad that 'permanent marker' does not actually mean permanent!!! I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope you are feeling better :)