Month 20. Wow.
I'm not sure if you can really get more fun than you are right now? You'll probably prove me wrong next month.
I know that you've picked up that this month has been a rough one for me. I haven't been my normal spastic Mommy-self, b/c I"ve been preoccupied and worried about your baby brother. But things are great and next month will be back to normal! I'm so happy and proud that in the midst of my craziness I can turn to you for a smile, a hug, a laugh, for something to make to feel better. You are my little buddy...
I'm not sure how normal your vocabulary is at this point. I just know you talk, ALOT. You repeat, you fill in the blanks (even though you won't say 1-10 independently you know what is what and when it fits in), you sing songs and your sentences that were just 2-3 words last month, are 3-4 at least now and sometimes 4-5. You are brilliant and it's both awesome and exhausting.
You were on a huge apple 'duice' kick there for awhile, but now you've switched back to choky nilk (chocolate milk). You make your Daddy fill your bottle (bottle only at night and it's a comfort thing) and you make him take you with him with a simple little pat of your chest and a pleading "Me?". It's so sweet and manipulative!
This Thanksgiving we opted not to dress up, but to just go to Nan-nan and Papaw's (and Momo and Papaw's afterwards) in our PJs! That and it was 1:45, we were supposed to be at Nan-nan's by 2 and you were still sleeping. :) You ate bits of everything, gobbling up turkey and of course inhaling the mashed potatoes. When it came to the pie though, you had an issue. Papaw kept saying "Eat some pie Madelyn" and you'd give him a very curious look. Papaw forgot that one of your fish here at home is named PI.....but when I called it cake, you were more interested in it. You dipped out a good amount of the center of a sweet potato pie er, um, cake with a baby carrot..and loved it!
I'm pretty sure, although I haven't seen them yet that we're working on the two year molars, that and you've already entered the terrible twos (at times). You'll be fine one minute, then hysterical the next. Happy, then sad. I wish you had a gauge so I'd know what to expect! "Cloudy with a chance of tantrums" "Smiling without a raindrop in sight"
You have a very uh, diverse palate. That includes spaghettios for breakfast. That and you have a lazy Mommy that will just give you what you grab in the fridge. But you don't turn your nose up at alot of food, which is nice!
We love you Baby Girl!

1 comment:
"Little Lady" is an apt description of our girly-girl. In addition to the lipstick adventure you have to have your nails done at least once or twice a week and lately you have become a fan of "toe face" and Nan-Nan draws faces on your little piggies and the top of your feet! You rule the roost and whatever it takes to make you happy is generally what we all do! You are incredible Madelyn Grace!
Post a Comment