Friday, December 11, 2009

Oh Boy!

from the top left and going clockwise top left-"boy" part, top right-profile, bottom right-nose,mouth, chin, bottom left-alien head shot.

First off I have an admission.
I wanted another girl.
I didn't want to buy blue, worry about circumcision, etc.
We have all the clothes for a girl. We have all the pink stuff for a girl.
But someone knows better than me. Reminds me of one of my favorite Michael McLean songs "Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted, I've been given what I need"
Obviously a boy is what I need, b/c a boy is what we're getting! (actually I wanted Madelyn to be a boy, so I'm getting what I want, just in reverse order)
We did have a little bit of a concern b/c at the first sonogram last week his heart had a "skip", so they sent us to a Perinatal doc for a more detailed sonogram and w/in a week that skip had skipped on out of there. I was told by the Perinatal Dr to "find something else to worry about". I'm sure that won't be a problem, Doc.
It's taken (and is taking) alot to get used to the idea of a boy...but the more I think about it, the more I"m ok with it. I think about when I used to babysit how sweet and cuddly the little boys were, when the little girl wasn't. I think about how dramatic Miss Madelyn is already and think of how nice it might be to have a calm little boy *crosses fingers*. I'm thinking about things we hopefully "won't" have to worry about-clothes stealing, boyfriend stealing, menstrual cycles at the same time, etc.
We've got almost 4 months, around 17 more weeks, or *gasp* approximately 119 days until he gets here.
We'll be stocking up on blue...and maybe getting a king sized bed...I'm not sure if the queen can hold all 4 of us!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love little boys! I've always wanted boys. Congrats!

The Ratliff's said...

COngratulations!! Boys are Fun! Alot less drama from what ive seen. So exciting

Aaron and Melissa said...

Wow!!! Congrats!!! That's awesome! Boys are so fun... and I think they are way easier than girls :)

Wanda Meagher said...

I haven't been to your blog (which I love) for a while and am so excited to hear your news!!! Congratulations!