Do you ever feel tired? Tired and yet strangely reminicent that once upon a time, your body and your mind had NO problem operating on minimal hours of sleep.
Do you ever feel like people are deaf? Specifically little people, who look like you, but yet they just don't HEAR you when you say "Don't do that", "Do you need to potty?", "stop that or it will come down off the wall and shatter and destroy your face then you'll have to have plastic surgery"(the last one WAS a direct quote)
Do you ever feel like you need just a little more time? An extra 20 minutes to sleep. An extra 2 minutes to paint your fingernails on the OTHER hand. An extra 30 seconds to go to the bathroom.
I'm not the only one, right?

2 comments:
Love this picture! It's called motherhood Baby Girl and believe me, this too shall pass and although it is hard to fathom, you will actually miss these days when you are living in an empty nest just waiting for your chicks to check in or fly home for a brief spell! When you actually have the time on your hands to do all the things you would like time to do now you will find they really don't matter too much at all. Nurturing and watching your precious flowers grow is the most important thing you will ever do, even on (or perhaps especially on)days when mothering seems to suck the life force right out of you! Hang in there! You are doing great and you are not alone! Love you! Ma
What a sweet picture! And of such a sweet girl :) YES!! I need another 2 minutes to paint my nails on the other hand, 30 seconds to go to the bathroom and I need more than extra 20 minutes to sleep!! It ends too fast though. I remember thinking that a few years ago-- then it ALL ended and I MISS it. It's when my kids needed me so much. Now I have my sweet baby- and I actually enjoy some of those times that she just WANTS me around... even if I have to go weeks without my toenails or fingernails painted :) You'll miss it when it's gone-- try to enjoy it!!
Post a Comment