Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Fuzz,

that's right. We call you Fuzz...we being me and your Dad. Why?...well...you eat fuzz. Lots and lots of fuzz. You are constantly picking the fuzz off of blankets on the bed and chewing on them..."what are you eating Madelyn?" we'll ask. "Fuzz....Fuzz is GOOD!" *sigh*

I used to put stuff in these letters like "this month was FULL of firsts"...we can't really call your ever expanding vocabulary a first anymore. You did go to your first event I guess we can call it. Your Momo and Grandpa (who you call by his name, Rodney, 90% of the time) got us tickets for you to go see Sesame Street Live. You did really well for the first half of the show, you bounced from lap to lap, but you seemed to enjoy the characters on stage, the lights, and the sounds. Intermission ended, Elmo's World came on, and about 10 minutes into it you told Grandpa "Go home"-then about 2 minutes later you went over to Momo and took her face in your hands and said "Momo, go home...NOW" So we did. Our wish is your command!



You LOVE your Happy Meals. You gasp and ooooh when you see the golden arches...truly more proof that you ARE our child! You don't however, like the pickle on the cheeseburger, so I get those. You are a pretty good eater in general. Things you didn't like a couple months ago are things you like now (lettuce). And you still have favorites-cheese, beans, meat (you are QUITE the little carnivore).

You are a very curious little girl. My days (when I'm not at work) are filled with "stop thats", "get downs" , and "what are you doings?". It's exhausting, but most of the time it's filled with laughter and fun! We also spend alot of time with the shows on PBS. You LOVE Word World. It's the favorite of the moment. I'm happy that it has taken Barney's spot for now!

You like to help cook! You love to "crack an egg" and stir bowls. And you are my official taster of all things baked, to be baked, or to top things that were baked.

Another love..."hot toffee"...coffee that is...and no..we don't give you copius amounts of coffee (In fact it's hot chocolate in the cup in the picture)-but I will give you a sip of my coffee (which is mostly milk) every now and then.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself when I say that you are being a pretty good little rockstar on the potty training bit. You are getting the hang of telling us when you need to go and 9 times out of 10 we're able to get you there before we have a wet pull up to change. Ah, also...we've switched almost exclusively to nifty Disney Princess pull ups. You aren't quite ready for the "big girl" panties..but you are doing really well with the pull ups! We're really proud of you!
When Miss Martha (our awesome Parents as Teacher's lady) came to do your assessment..she was blown away...again. You've got a page of "things 3 year olds do" completed already! You are just a very smart and very advanced little girl!
We love you Fuzz...more and more each minute of each day!








2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

You are super spectacular Madelyn Grace and that is for sure! Love you too much!!

Kristina P. said...

I love her little pigtails!