Thursday, February 11, 2010

The boy...

He's still in there, and he's still growing. I honestly didn't think it would start THIS early...the whole "no pictures of the second kid" thing. I've always giving my Mom such a hard time b/c there are WAY more pictures of my brother than there are of me. Was I not as important? Was I not as cute? Neither of those things are true...but the sad, sad, truth is that there is NO TIME. The only reason I'm posting right now? Fruit snacks and Scooby Doo.
No Name Baby Boy was NOT cooperative in the 3-D sonogram. Do you remember Popples? Well that's how he was. Even though he had plenty of room to stretch out, he stayed tucked into a ball...arms crossed in front of his face and legs tucked in as well. So the picture I posted of his face? Yup..that's about the best one he'd let us get. However I have a good amout of very clear pictures of his manhood. Seems he has NO problem showing that off.

With Madelyn I posted every appointment, every heart rate, every thump, EVERYTHING. But I guess that is what you do with your first baby. You get OVER-excited. But this time around...it's a different kind of excitement. The movements are fun and yes, I'll miss them...but it's more of an excitement for him to be here.
I'm on the downhill with being pregnant. 31 weeks tomorrow. I'm really hoping he'll take after his sister and show up a couple weeks early b/c although I feel fine..mostly. I can tell on some days that my body is just getting sick of being pregnant.
Also..just for the record...whoever came up with the lie that you are more laid back and aren't as worried in subsequent pregnancies...they are full of crap. I'm just as apprehensive as I was the first time...I just got lucky and the Dr's saw it the last time and gave me a nice nerve pill prescription this time around.

1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Like sister, like brother! Just remember he will only be reluctant to show his face while he is in the womb, once he is out he will become Mr. Photogenic and, yes, it is doubtful you will ever have as many pics of Master Greer as you have of the princess but that is just the way life is. It has nothing to do with how much you love your child or children. Time just becomes more and more of an issue as it marches along and we have more responsibilities to deal with. All will be well and we shall soon have the the little guy out and about to increase our capacity to love just as Madelyn Grace has done. Isn't that just awesome??