Friday, April 23, 2010

Front yard facelift!

Ugh, so I uploaded these onto here backwards..so go to the bottom and then come up, ok?

Madelyn in front of the new bed. Lately her "cheese" face is less cheese and more snarl...but as long as she stands still for a couple seconds for a shot..I'm ok with it!
We pulled out the rotting landscape timbers and replaced them with flagstone, got 13 different plants (6 azaleas, and 7 various "the yellow one Mama", "the pink one Daddy" ala Madelyn's picks).


DG had kids gardening sets for $5..sweet! So here is Miss Priss in her apron and with her trowel.


Below: Miss Madelyn helped dig out "Big Red"
Above: Peter poses (eh, sorta) with the new perennials.


Did you follow my directions? Good! So..our flower bed in front of our mint-green house needed some help. I had planted rose bushes in it about 4 years ago and they were slowly dying. I had two bushes that HALF of them were still alive, but they were a brittle thorny mess...so...sadly..we ripped them out and decided to revamp the bed!




1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Now, there is a gardener beyond compare! She also 'cooks' and helps with laundry...Super Girl! :) It is always fun to see what she will get up to next!