Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Peter Pug




Once I was at the Vet's office and there was another patron there that I struck up a conversation with. She had a pug puppy that she was giving a drink of water to in a saucer. A saucer? I thought it was ridiculous...you can get way more water out of a cup or a bowl. The puppy would lap up the water in the saucer, then look to her expectantly for more water. After this happened a few times I offered to get a cup out of my car so that the pup could drink more at one time. "Oh, no thank you" the lady answered back "I give him water this way b/c since nose is so small and squished into his face. I tried watering him in a bowl and he kept sucking water up his nose, poor thing!" It made sense.
What does this have to do with Peter? Well, like his sister he got my nose. My 'turned up Frances' nose (Frances was my grandmother) as it's always been referred. I don't think it's especially turned up like piggish, but it does turn up a tad.
So this poses a pug problem when I'm nursing Peter. It seems that my bosom didn't lessen (like normal women's do) after Madelyn stopped nursing. It went from pretty big, to even bigger. Now when Peter nurses, I have to keep my hand on top of whichever boob he's nursing off of b/c if I don't his little nose makes the snuffly noise and he won't stay latched b/c he can't breathe.
It's not water up the nose, but it makes things a little more difficult than they should be.


2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

too funny. Love the pics.

Kristina P. said...

I had more of an upturned nose when I was younger, but I still have a slight one.