Saturday, April 3, 2010

To Two...

Today you turned two.

It's been such a busy birthday day for you and for your Dad and myself that thankfully (until now) I haven't had much time to get reflective and sad about the fact that my 'baby' isn't so much a baby anymore...you are two.

You are a little girl.
A beautiful little girl.

Two years ago today a miracle came into all of our lives. It was such a hard road getting you here, but each moment with you makes each minute of pain we suffered worth it. Your smile makes everything worthwhile.

We started your birthday morning with breakfast and presents from us, Mom and Dad. One of those presents was a kite, so before Nanny and Pappy came over we went to the soccer field and played around with that. Then we came home and partied with Nanny and Pap. Then later in the afternoon Momo and Papa came over and we partied some more.
A Disney princess rider (which you call a bicycle), a talking doll, drum set, Elmo toy, golf set, Yahtzee Jr (princess edition), a Princess tricycle (that is still a bit too big, but you'll grow into it), a Play Doh set, and new clothes rounded out the birthday bounty.

You wanted "little cupcakes", and I'll admit I cheated this year and did a box mix...you also wanted purple frosting, and sprinkles..your wish was my command. It took two lights for the candle though b/c w/in seconds of lighting the candle the first time you blew it out. We explained we needed to sing first THEN blow it out. Oh and of course the birthday party was Princess themed.

The tiara and wand/scepter that Nanny brought over went over really well, I have a feeling they won't just be a birthday thing, but a daily Princess Madelyn thing.


98% of the time you are a complete joy...the other 2% I blame on being a girl and being little...and even then the fits don't last more than a few minutes and then you are usually back to your happy little self.


You are my little girl, my buddy, my cheer leader, my official taste tester, my joker, my naptime pal, my tiny dancer, my song bird, my couch potato, my drama queen, my headache, my heart and heartache, my life....

It's going by too fast...but it just keeps getting better and better.
We love you Madelyn Grace. Happy Birthday, Baby.









2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Princess Madelyn! One of these days the young men will be singing abt you:

"She's wonderful, she's marvelous, she's fabulous, she's beautiful and anyone can understand why, I'm leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street in case a certain little lady comes by!"

I am pretty sure by then we will have built a tower for our princess to keep you safe!

You will be our princess long after you have outgrown Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and the gals!

Now if you would just stop growin' so fast! Before our eyes you are becoming more awesome every day!

Love you too much!
Nan-Nan/Nanny

April Dawn said...

So hard to believe she is 2.!!

She is soooooooooooooooo pretty.!!!!

I am sure you realize that you all are gonna have to beat the boys off w/ a stick in a few years!!

You have done an excellent job with her, and I know that you will do the same with Mr P-Joe...love ya all too much!!!