Your letter this month is a day late. On purpose.
You'll find (as I did) that after a child turns 2...the counting stops until 3. For instance before you turned 2, you were 22 months, 19 months, etc. Not-almost 2...but you don't hear people say "This is Madelyn, my 25 month old". Nope...you are 2...so the fun monthly counting is gone, we'll pass that onto your little brother.
There are things about you being 2 (sorry, 25 months) that I love. Like your sense of humor, your singing, and the fact that you can carry on a conversation is pretty awesome.
But then there are things about you being 2 that I don't like so much. Don't get me wrong, you are still a GREAT kid. But it's really like on April 4th someone flipped the switch and you changed. The dramatics have increased, as has the defiance and that is hard to deal with. We've also had to kinda start from scratch on the potty training. *sigh*
Also words can make you understand alot of things...but I don't think words can totally express how I feel about being your Mama. I can only type I love you so many times, and I don't think that there is ANY way to put into words how much we all love and adore you.
I don't think words can capture what it does to my heart when I get a sleepy "I love you too Mama" right before bed.
I don't think words can recreate the laughs and smiles you bring to us with your magpie ways of repeating things.
So I guess I'm not sure whether or not there will be a 26 month letter..maybe just pictures and snippets of what you did over the month will be what your letters turn into...we'll see.
In the meantime I'll leave this letter to try to go save your brother's mobile that you are trying to demolish.
Love you Peanut.

1 comment:
Your mama is right...words really can't adequately express how very much you are loved Miss Madelyn Grace Greer! Yes, you are now exhibiting some of the not so great things being two years old always brings to light, but you are still "the brightest little witch of your age" to steal a line from one of our favorite movies. You may look like your daddy, especially through your beautiful hazel eyes, but your personality is just like your mama's and you are Nan-Nan's little angel even when we see an occasional glimpse of tiny little horns! Your little storm clouds never last long and then it is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows again as usual! I love you too, too much! Nan-Nan
Post a Comment