Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Peter,

You are 3 months old now. About time for a letter right? You will get so sick of this but it does go SO FAST. Three months ago I was in the hospital, three months ago you weren't even due and I was excited b/c my water had broken, but terrified that you might not be ok since you were early. Scared b/c at 5 weeks early there could have been serious complications. But there weren't. You were the "healthiest 35 weeker" they'd seen. You got to stay with me until that night, and even then they would have left you with me which is unheard of for an early baby. But not you. You are my strong one!
At three months your personality is really shining through. I'm gonna try really hard since this is your letter not to compare you to your sister..but I am gonna say..you smile WAY more than she did at this age!
You are thisclose to laughing. You try so hard b/c things are so funny to you, but you just can't quite get there yet.
You are a watcher.

You track and follow really well. Right now your eyes are a quiet blue and they twinkle. One of your favorite things to watch-your sister! I'm so amazed (and thankful) at the bond that is already apparent between the two of you. You look at her with such adoration.
Smiles, smiles, and more smiles. And you are EASY to get to smile. Even when you are upset if I make faces at you, you are smiling through the tears.

Sometimes only food will soothe you though. From the beginning you've gone from zero-screech in milli-seconds. When you are hungry, I better be on hand to feed you, or Nan-nan better have a bottle ready b/c you do NOT like to wait.

You have a winky smile, and a cock-eyed wary look that you give very often. A "whatchutalkinbout" face that cracks me up every time.
I knew 'our' bond would be different than the one I have with Sis. B/c you are different. You are a different kid. You are a boy. You are my boy...and it's different. It's still an all consuming-can't breathe kind of love. But ah, I don't know Bruno, it's just different.
The day you were born my heart spilt into another piece and you'll always carry that piece with you.
"There's a voice inside, and I heard it promise me
when you came along, I'd know you by heart.
Like a familiar song, every word is telling me
that the time has finally come, and now here you are.
And just like that-Baby you belong
Baby you belong-nothing's ever been so meant to be
or ever been so right for me
every single part of me believes...
that Baby you belong with me."
That's a Faith Hill song that I listened to over and over when I was pregnant with you. It was the song that when I listened to it and thought of you, I felt the warm hand of Heavenly Father's spirit reassuring me that you were meant to be and you and I were going to be alright.
And we are alright. And we love you, so so much Little Man.




1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Yes, we do love you P-Joe! You are such a sweet-sweet baby boy. I think you are awake a lot more than your big sister was at this age and I am sure before we know it you will be crawling around after her instead of just watching her and smiling at her so much. It is going to be so much fun to watch the two of you interact as you get a little older. Since you are often called Bubby by Miss Madelyn I have taken to calling you Nan-Nan's Bubbalicious Baby Boy! Madelyn says you are not Bubbalicious, you are just Bubby! She is very protective of you already and really seems to love being your big sister. I am happy to help Mama take care of you and your sister while she works or mows yards. The two of you keep your Nan-Nan going for sure!