Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dear Madelyn,

Here we are again kiddo. What is this now...27 months? Sheesh. This month you just kept going with your normal 90 mph pace. Except this time around you weren't really particular about when you stopped, where you stopped. There is NO mattress on the bed...here you are chilling on on the box springs.
For the record I'd flipped the matress up to get the bed skirt so I could wash it. Ah..once the matress was back on, jumping on the bed, even though we tell you time and again not to.

Asleep at the dinner table with your head in the food. And yes, I let you sleep there for awhile. I figured you'd had a hard day and I didn't want to bother you by waking you up.


Passed out on the couch waiting for Dad to get home from work...
You walk the razor's edge on being completely sweet and drastically defiant.
You have a REAL problem with guy with goatees (sorry Uncle Bubba, Uncle Derrick, and Dr. Lively). And you remember things and hold a grudge TOO well (sorry Pappy).
Speaking of memory..I think by the end of the month you'll probably have The Wizard of OZ totally memorized..front to back. Your memory comes in helpful sometimes too when I can't find something I need and you are able to. :)

Along with your already funny personality, you do funny things by accident..like um..using the pool sprinkler as a bidet.
Also...we get little giggles out of conversational things...like while watching a Tom and Jerry marathon you told us the mouse is named Jerry, and the cat is named Toman.
We love it, we love every second, although sometimes we (um, I) get frustrated b/c you are SO smart and just amazing..you are still a baby and act that way.
But overall you are MY baby and you'll always be my baby girl!




1 comment:

Dianna Gilliam said...

You continue to be the light of Nan-Nan's life! You are just the most special little girl ever and I love you tons and tons!