Friday, August 27, 2010
Pete.0
A blog influx...well kinda...I was flipping through pics on the computer and realized I really hadn't posted anything other than the kid's letters..so here is a Peter-post!
Let's make one thing perfectly clear. I am Peter's favorite person. However I will allow my Dad (Pappy to the kids) the number 2 spot. I know my Dad loves his Granddaughters, there is no question of that. He loves my Sister's kids, and his Great-granddaughter too. He loves his Peanut (Madelyn)-but there is just something about Pistol Pete (what Dad calls him)-they are buddies, pals, just all aroung great friends. It's so fun to watch them-Dad can get Peter to talk more than anyone else (including me)..it's also just precious to watch them together and see how much they love each other. :)
Look at those BIG lips! Even though he's not 6 months old yet, since I introduced his high chair this week, I thought maybe I should see if he was interested in food...I should have know that-being our child-he'd LOVE food....apple sauce to be specific!!!
He's my boy. I love Madelyn the way only a Mother can love a daughter. It's (the best way I can describe it) is that seering girl power, friendship, commraderie, mini-me type thing. I hope that makes sense...but with Peter....it's different. It's a protective, spoiled, desperate type of love...I'm not sure if it's b/c he is a boy, he's the baby, or he is the last....
There are precious things that babies do...but one of my favorites...the eye rub. You've seen it on commercials, in movies, etc...but to actually witness a real "sleepy eye rub"....MELTS you. If you experience one in real life..bring a mop.
The teeth are approaching..we've got drool and gnawing (yes, ouch)..teething biscuits come in handy! And yes...if the picture looks familiar..it's because 2 years ago a little girl was doing the same thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hrmph! Just to set the record straight here...(before the infamous left knee removal situation I was next to mama and above Pappy)! I got your first outright laugh/giggle! Well, okay so that is understandable if you know me! It on was a Saturday, the day of some airshow in St. Joseph I think.
Peter, I keep telling your mama that you and your sister would be much easier to love if we would all pitch in to have your third eyes removed but so far she and your dad must be proud of that third eye and I must admit it makes two of you a sweet pair!
Could it be prejudice for a Nan-Nan to feel she has had the bestest grandchildren in the world sent into her realm? Nah, I think it just that Peter Joel and Madelyn Grace Greer are just two of the most awesome little souls to come to earth. I am sure glad you and your sister to sent to your sweet mama and your daddy.
Love you more everyday!
Bubbalicious-Baby-Boy
Post a Comment