Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Peter,

As I type this you are laying asleep on my shoulder. The only light is the one reflected from the computer screen. I can see that you are cool-tiny little goose bumps are raised on your chubby little appendages and on your normally smooth back and belly that have escaped from your red t-shirt with the airplane on it.
You have your first cold this week. Snot,snot, and more snot....and you hate the 'suck-a-nose'. You fight me, but I hate hearing you rasp away...so I fight harder.
You are a pretty good sleeper...and you'll sleep just about anywhere. At the kitchen table. In your walker while I shampoo the carpet. In the Snugli carrier as we walk through the zoo. An equal opportunist for napping...just like your Ma.

At 6 months now you are ever so close to two big milestones-sitting up and crawling. Assisted you can stay sitting for about 30 seconds before you topple over. And crawling...pisses you off. You are trying SO hard and you just can't seem to get the rest of your body to cooperate yet.


Pinning you into the bed with pillows doesn't work anymore....so unless I know you are asleep, you aren't left on the bed unattended. You might not have the crawling thing down, but when it comes to scooting (esp backwards) and rolling...you are a maniac.


Still no teeth...and that's ok by me. But they are a fretful thing for you. Baby oragel is all over the house so it can aide you when you start to fuss. Teethers are in the fridge and littering the floor. I wish there were some medicinal properties of baby drool...with the amount you make lately I could bottle it and sell it for lots of money.


You are my little buddy. And we both have double chins. Where your Sister is my Mini-me (in so many ways)-you are my toy. You are everyone's toy now b/c you are so interactive, friendly, flirtacious, loveable, huggable, cuddly, and sweet. So, so, sweet.


Even your Daddy, who so far has been terrified of you (he did the same thing with Sis, so don't take it personally) is finally starting to interact more with you...now that you can play with him more.

It's not a secret that you scared me more than your sister.
I didn't know if I could get used to loving a boy.
But boy...do I love you.
So keep sleeping my Baby. My tears will nourish you like the rain waters the flowers. You are no delicate flower though....more like kudzu b/c you are taking over and covering any heart that comes near you.
My little weed.
My handsome little Bruno.
Mama loves you.







2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

and Nan-Nan loves you and Pappy, well Pappy just thinks you're the tops! It is funny how the heart instantly makes more room to love. I had no doubts your mama would love you as soon as you made it out of her body. I had the same doubts about loving her years ago because your Uncle Phil had been an only child almost seven years! Yes, you are a winner Bubbalicious! I miss being with you and your sister three days a week because of the darned old knee of mine but I am so thrilled that your mama is now a stay at home mom with noth of Nan-Nan's angels I don't fret much about it, I just miss you both (and your mama too of course). You are definitely a keeper Peter Joel Greer and we love you with all our hearts!

Nan-Nan and Pappy

Aaron and Melissa said...

Suzi- he is SO CUTE!! I love those cheeks! Those beautiful eyes! Handsome boy there :) How's the SAHM thing coming?!