I wish I had a good reason for not blogging. 9 times out of 10, you'll find me at my computer, wasting away minutes, hours, days on nothingness. Checking and rechecking my email. Checking and rechecking Facebook. Desperately seeking some contact from the outside world.
But lately (and with the help of a new medication, let's just be honest)-I'm enjoying things more. Not so much the first week of the month since that is when all the rent from tenants is due (having to have your dog's brain tumor removed, isn't a reason for lateness, btw). But I'm enjoying my children. I find myself laughing more, and hugging more, and absorbing more of them. I've also got a strong hold on my house cleaning, which is making my home more comfortable. I know the shadowbox well, of "the cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow"-but there is also alot of 'if I'm not worried about my house being a wreck, I'm able to relax and enjoy my children more'. So I guess the moral to this post is that I've been busy. Busy with properties and the business associated with that. Busy with my children. Busy with my home. Busy being Mom. I'm MUCH busier as an 'unemployed' stay at home Mom, than I EVER was being a Probate Clerk (although I miss it daily as well).
This isn't the original swing, but one close. I'm glad my babies got to sit on it with their Granny. I know I have so many times over the years!
Peter turned 17 months yesterday, and I don't even know how old in months Madelyn is...I know she'll be 3 1/2 in October. The time is rushing. So where I don't take much pause in housekeeping, I do take sweet moments when Peter falls asleep in my arms to soak in ever second I can. Madelyn is generally too busy for such tenderness-although earlier this summer she did let her Nan-nan rock her to sleep at the kitchen table.
Even though I haven't been updating monthly like I was previously, please know that both my children continue to develop. Continue to grow. Continue to amaze. They are funny-no, they are hilarious. They are smart-where Madelyn is very verbal and communicative, Peter is very observant and deliberate. They run, play, laugh, get into messes, get in trouble, get loved and adored on a daily basis...even if my blog doesn't reflect such.
Happy Birthday Ma. Thank you for being my Mother, and thank you for loving your grandbabies with ever fiber of your being.

1 comment:
Thank you my beautiful (inside and out) incredible daughter! Getting the news of each of your pregnancies on my birthday in 2007 and 2009 are unforgettable! The reality of these angels who have been sent to earth to bless your homes and by extension to bless four insanely in love with them grandparents and the life of the first star and matriarch of your side of your family, Stella aka Granny Wose, has been so overwhelming I have shed millions of joyful tears for the precious spirits of Nan-Nan's Angel Madelyn and Pappy's Pistol Pete!
You are doing such a super job as a mother I almost wish I could have a second shot at raising you and your brother. I would probably still screw you both up but I thought I was doing my best until I saw you in action! You amaze me as much as the babies do and Aaron as a Daddy...what can I say? Once the boy got over being scared to death of each the babies and they became mobile he has been amazing as well (except for that one thing involving chocky-nilk LOL).
Thanks for updating the blog for me (and others who follow you and your young family) and thanks for loving me in spite of me being me!
You are right...I love your babies (and you and your brother) with every fiber of my being and that's a lot of fiber!!
More joyful tears sliding down my cheeks! I'm such a crybaby!
Post a Comment