I've been missing the blog.
I've gone back and read some of the great stuff I told stories about and I've cried at the pics of my 'babies' and how little they were. I've still been taking pictures, but I've been remiss at documenting, which sucks...because I may be the only one to look back and it and I've missed out on a lot of memories by NOT blogging.
4 years, so what have we done in the past 4 years? I'm hoping anyone that reads this blog is a friend, and likely a Facebook friend, and has pretty much been along with us for the past few years anyway. So none of this will be terribly new...
We built this...we live there. Originally our plot was 21-ish acres, and lately we've been able to obtain the adjoining additional 23-ish.
 |
| We moved in late December 2012. It is a Morton building house, aka a barn. But it's far from a barn on the inside...save for my giant barn door. I may see a 'this is our house' blog post tour in the future. Along with our copper roofed house, there is a copper roofed workshop in back, a copper roofed loafing shed/dog pen, and a soon to be copper roofed detached garage and fishing pavilion. Aaron wanted the Morton building house, I told him if we did it, it had to have a copper roof. Since then it's taken on an identity of its own. I'm ok with it. |
 |
This is about a year old...but a more recent picture of the kids. I'm seeing some "Flashback Friday" post in the future to cover anecdotes and memories from 2012-2016. Mads is still sporting a pixie cut (although we're really trying to grow it out-the struggle is real) and right now PJoe is working on growing in his front teeth. Point of fact, he can whistle w/out his front teeth.
In Greer-kid tradition they continue to be awesome. And I'm not the only one that thinks so. We homeschool, or at least we try. Peter is a math whiz and loves anything that can be put together or built. He's also a rocket on the PS3. Mads has an insane vocabulary and reading capability. However, she doesn't like to pick up a book a read it. I'm hoping she gets there one day soon. I'm also hoping that soon Peter will just admit that he CAN read..because he's still pretending he can't. |
 |
In February of 2013 I embarked on a new journey of raising Irish Wolfhounds. Anyone that knows me knows I'm an idiot for dogs. And this breed has proven to be 'it' for me. They are 'my' breed...and they are awesome. I'm far from a breeder. I don't consider myself a breeder. I guess I call myself a breed enthusiast? So far we have raised 2 litters of puppies (which is super hard). We are crossing our fingers that we have another litter on the way..but time will tell. In the meantime, we love to love on these gentle giants, and they love to love us. All 5 of them.
In other animal news...we have lost some animal family in the past 4 years. Leroy (the Blue Tick hound), Tapioca (my cat), and Bertha (the Llewellin setter) have all passed over the Rainbow Bridge. Along with random chickens, turtles, and IW pups that didn't make it. Welcome to farm life...where sad things sometimes happen. |
 |
Aaron's job as a Safety Manager keeps him busy and away from the house a lot during the week. My job (because yes, I went back to work) keeps me occupied 3 days a week out of the home, but I like it. It's administrative and it's a pretty laid back office. Plus there is an office dog, so there's that. We don't have any lulls...between our jobs, our rental properties, our kids, homeschooling, maintaining the property..it's a full life. We do make time to vacation, our strong preference is for Disney Cruises, of which we are now 3 time Castaway members.
So that's the nutshell for now. I've missed writing and documenting about our life and adventures, I'm hoping that those of you that used to read about us still enjoy it, and if you are new to reading about us you love it as well! |
2 comments:
I am glad you see you revive your blog Miss Priss and by the way Peter read a line on facebook for me today...it had to do with Star Wars of course! :)
Thank you for inviting me to your blog.
Post a Comment