No gifts, no flowers, no poems. I'm hopefully gonna make a pretty decent dinner...I usually manage to, or at least try to on a daily basis.
Well..there was "sort" of a gift. We got a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer...that thing is sa-wheet! You can drop a whole apple in w/out cutting it up...except for the clean up..it's awesome. We like stuff like that...this coming from me who was 'over the moon' excited with the Carpet Shampooer I got for Christmas...see...practical..we're fairly practical people.
But when I think of the lack of pomp and circumstance, especially when I'm surrounded by people here at work getting flowers, and all the pretty things, it gets me a little down...for a second...
And then I think (as my eyes start to well up with tears) what BETTER present could we really give one another than what we're expecting?
How is our baby NOT the total and ultimate display of affection that we have for one another?
There is no way possible that she isn't the true testament of our Love.
We love her, we love each other...no amount of gifts, roses, or chocolates could come close to that feeling.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

2 comments:
I LOVE that pic! We're not big on celebrating it either! We don't do cards or gifts or anything. But I let the kids decide what to do today and they wanted to 'kidnap' Aaron from work and go out for lunch. So, we did... it was cute!! Anyways... Happy Valentine's Day!
SUZY!! Oh my gosh! how are you I couldn't believe it when I saw your name on our blog! how are you!! You look BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment