Monday, November 24, 2008

Wedding Tag

I saw this fun Wedding survey on a blog friend's site, and took her advice to play along!

1. Where did you and your husband meet?
We met when we were both working at Walmart when we were teenagers, we both had crushes on one another...but never dated. Fast forward to 5 years later-I had heard where he was working, and went in to say hello..and it began again!

2. How long before you kissed?
It was our second official date.

3. Who kissed who first?
He tried to kiss me, and missed (I wasn't sure if he was going for a hug or what!)-but we quickly recovered!

4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged?
Let's go from first official date to engaged...7 weeks.
5. How did he propose?
We were at the Plaza, having dinner...I was convinced he was going to break up with me b/c he wasn't talking to me. We went to the little bridge thing that's down there and he did the down on one knee...I freaked out and told him to stand up...but said yes to the marriage part!
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you?
He did! I told him that I liked oval stones..that was my only specification
7. Do you still like the ring?
Yes! I still love it.
8. Where was your wedding and reception?
We got married at the Far West temple site on August 26th (2004), and we had our reception at the Christensen County Inn (outside of Lathrop) on October 16th (2004)
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor?
0 bridesmaids, my friend Mandy was my Maid of Honor
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses?
She wore a white shirt and a black skirt
11. What was your bouquet made of?
different lilies and roses that I had purchased and put together myself
12. Who gave you away?
Didn't get given.
13. Did you cry during your wedding?
Not during. I did tear up when I hugged my Dad afterwards though.
14. What style was your dress?
Geez...I dunno..I know nothing about fashion. It wasn't what you'd think of when you hear wedding dress though. It was white (duh), some beading, short sleeved, and just below the knee.
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy?
Sweet
16. Who caught your bouquet?
didn't throw it.
17. What flavor was your cake?
just white, with my Mom's awesome almond icing.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely?
didn't do the cake thing.
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding?
I vaguely remember dancing to "Because you loved me" by Celine Dion at the reception.
20. What did you serve your guests to eat?
Um, lemon chicken I think.
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car?
Our friends Justin and Kristin did the shoe polish thing on the windows.
22. What was your favorite wedding gift?
My first Willow Tree figurine is my favorite. We also got this really neat engraved silver plate.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Chicago for the weekend!
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding?
Nope, I've very happy with how we did it!

Thanks SharkBait for the survey!

No comments: