Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dear Baby,

Even though you are 17months old today. You are still my baby. I love to scoop you up in my arms and snuggle you like I did when you were little. You don't tolerate it for long...really you don't tolerate it at all and you are eager to get down as soon as possible.

I didn't take many pictures of you this month, b/c you will NOT stop moving. Seriously, so difficult to get a non-fuzzy, decent picture of you lately!

I think the biggest thing this month is your vocabulary...I get this little update from a baby website each week that tells me what milestones to expect...I got one recently that said "expect your child to say at least 7 words" Um...you say far more than that. It will sound braggy, and well..it really is. We wrote them out and counted them the other day, and you've got about 50...at least.
Some of my current favorites is the confusion on "Thank you" and "you are welcome"-when you ask for something now you say "ease" which is please...then when we give it to you..you say "Welcome".
One of the more obnoxious..but so dang funny...when you burp or fart...you say "Niiice". So proud. Not excuse me, not whoops...Niiice. And yes...you drag it out.
Even though a good amount of those 50 words are toddler chic, you are very clear and direct on what you want.
In the middle of the night when you wake me up with "Mama, Milk" and I try to slip you water...I get "No Mama, Milk! Ease, Milk?"
Also...you adore your Nan-nan and your Momo. Seriously...anytime I scold you, you call for Nan-Nan (even when she isn't here) and you have started getting seriously pouty (for a good 2-3 minutes) if Momo is here and she leaves. I appreciate that you love them,but occassionally I'd like to see you get upset when I leave...that doesn't happen. In fact lately you give me a kiss and say "Bye"...with a look on your face like "ok..leave now". The other day I just got a cheek kiss, and a "go". I'm being dramatic..I know you probably love me most of all...I just like to get jealous.
We are trying (unsuccessfully I might add) to put you in your crib at night. Neither your Dad or I have the heart to let you scream it out like friends and professionals have suggested. So when you go to sleep at night, I gingerly lift you up and put you in your crib...you sleep very soundly for about 4 hours...but then you end up in bed with us again. We'll get there, slowly but surely. It's not that we don't like having you in the bed with us...it's just well...you are a very active sleeper and a little space heater. You sweat, I sweat, we all sweat and it just doesn't make for a very comfortable or restful sleep!

Here is a shot of you in your snazzy pink overalls...I love them, I think you get sick of wearing them though.
Ah...processed foods..you LOVE hot dogs...but we do try to limit to only one a week.


You are still a car puker. The latest adventure in upchuck resulted in facial bruising...esp between your eyes. You Poor thing! This is even after Dramamine...we just can't seem to beat it.

You love love LOVE bubbles...and I recently found a bubble bath that produces as many bubbles as you want! Even as I type this and you are watching me (from your Princess stool) you are telling me "Bubble! Bubble"...oh..and now you can say "bath", it's just a matter of time before you compound the two!
I think that is all for this month My Sweet Girl.
We love you so much!



3 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Personally I love the pink overalls myself! :) And I think it is perfectly fine to brag a little on our munchkin and all that she manages to do!

She is on her way to becoming a regular little magpie or as I used to call her mama and Uncle Bubba...jabberjaws!

Every day or two seems to bring something new and precious to light up the lives of each one of us who comes in contact with our Miss Priss! She has all of us wrapped around her tiny little fingers and she knows it without a doubt!

The Ratliff's said...

i cant believe how big she has gotten. she is adorable. I love them pink overalls

Anonymous said...

I like the pink overalls too! She'd fit right in here on our "farm"!!