Thursday, December 17, 2009

A new baby in the family

Today (while the weater is a 'decent' 40 degrees), Madelyn and I went out to the farm to meet it's newest members. One of those members is currently an indoor resident. It seems her Momma had enough going on with her twin brother, so my Dad (Madelyn's Papaw) is now "Mama" to her while she gets bottle fed in the house.


This is us with Uhura (Mom and Dad have always been big Star Trek fans, and had just watched the newest movie days before her birth...her brother is Chaka Sulu).
Madelyn thought she was "How Cooot", and tried later on to give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Uhura seemed to like Madelyn as well and would run after her when she went through the house. She also threw a fit when we left, but I think that was more b/c Dad was out of her sight and it freaked her out!
We also bundled up and ventured down to the barn to meet Chaka Sulu and the other baby who Mom and Dad have since named Mendela. They are 75% Boer, 25% Nubian, and all of them at 100% precious!
I learned a very special lesson though...where the male dogs are more loving and attentive in my current pregnant state-Simon (one of the Billy Goats) thinks I'm a prize to be won and tried to make me his woman! Yikes! I think I won't be to the barn anymore until after Little Mr makes his debut!

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! How fun!