Wednesday, March 3, 2010

how can it be, 23?

Dear Madelyn,



23 months...seriously? Not sure how it happened. Not sure how my chubby cheeked little newborn has turned into such a *gulps* child. I look at these pictures and I don't even SEE the baby anymore. I see, *sigh* a little girl.



An insane little girl. You are VERY kissy lately. You'll give us normal kisses, but then you go on silly little sprees and will kiss up and down my arms and on my neck. You kiss Bubby (my belly). You kiss shoulders, knees, toes and any other injured part and in turn truly seem to believe that my kisses (or Daddy's, or Nan-nan's) can cure the hurt. I know that one day you'll learn that kisses can't really fix things (and sometimes they make them more complicated)-but for now we'll let you believe it.


See..look at that? That is NOT a baby. THAT is a little girl. Sheesh. A little girl who loves to sing and dance (and wear my bright and shiny pants-wait no..that's something different). Your Daddy is the most popular "Prince Phillip", but anyone else that is around when the mood hits you works as well. You'll take our hands and have us spin you around the floor while you sing to us. "I know you, I walk with you, upon a dream" "I know you, gleam in da eye, so miliar a gleam" "Though I know that bisions are scheldom they seeeeeeem" "Love me once, way did once, *in a deeper voice* upon a dream" It's VERY entertaining..and yes, I should get a video of it. Sometimes it's "So this is wove *hums*" (from Cinderella)-but mostly it's a Sleeping Beauty dance mania.



You took the leaving of a couple of the cats that have been here basically since you were born ALOT better than you took myself and your Dad killing your fish a couple months ago. You adjust. That's the great thing about being a kid. Ugh..there is that word again..kid..not baby...KID. Oof. I think as long as we didn't get rid of Tapioca, Lucy, or your fish (they were replaced)...you'll continue to function as normal.



Normal...right. Um...you eat. You are a good eater. You always have been. You love pizza (as pictured above), and pizza rolls. You LOVE "meat and corn". No really...this morning here was our conversation-

Mom says: Madelyn are you hungry? Would you like some breakfast?
Madelyn says: Yes!!

Mom says: Ok, what would you like to have?

Madelyn says: CORN!!!!!

Mom says: Um, ok...just corn? Anything else?

Madelyn says: Um....MEAT AND CORN!!!

However the cupboard is empty of corn (crap!!)-thankfully though you are happily munching on meat and potatoes (thanks Nan-nan for the leftovers) and watching Sesame Street. Whew...

You are quick to tell us if something is good, or not...or "too spicy!, need a drink!!"


Ok, so I guess we can't get rid of Trump either. He's Madelyn kissable, so therefore he is safe.

A good amout of the time (when I'm at home with you-and sometimes on Nan-nan days too) we stay in our pj's all day. Right now they are about all that is comfortable for me, and you just look so cute and "comfy cozy" (yes those are YOUR terms) so we just stay in those outfits.


This picture cracks me up, b/c it looks like you..but not like you. It's the true "I'm cracking up" smile that we see alot, but it's just rare to catch it on camera.
I guess I can sum it up in a few words-smiling, kissing, and dancing. But that wouldn't have made for a very newsy letter.
Something that words can't sum up? How much we love you Baby Girl!








2 comments:

Dianna Gilliam said...

Somehow you just keep getting sweeter and more precious with every passing day. These twenty-three months have literally flown by! You are a very happy camper 99.44% of the time it seems and even when you try to be a bit contrary you do it with such a look on that pretty face it is hard to be or stay stern with you for longer than a second or two. I sometimes paraphrase one of the Mary Poppins songs and sing to you,
"Oh, it's a jolly holiday
with Madelyn,
Madelyn makes your 'eart so light
When the day is gray and ordinary
Madelyn makes the sun shine bright!
Oh 'appiness is bloomin' all around 'er
The daffodils are smilin' at the dove
When Madelyn 'olds your 'and you feel so grand
Your 'eart starts beatin' like a big brass band
It's a jolly holiday with Madelyn
No wonder that it's Madelyn that we love!"
And of course I have had to relearn all the Walt Disney songs you love to sing as well as introducing to to The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Let Me Call You Sweetheart, Hop, Hop, Hop, Hop Hippity Hop (from Harvey) and songs from Shirley Temple movies. It is a good thing you are your mother's daughter and you love movies and musicals!
I love you my Peep-Eye!
Nan-Nan

Kristina P. said...

She looks so grown up!