And yes, I know that Valentines day was weeks ago...I'm just late on posting. I'll (hopefully) be on top of Madelyn's 3rd of the month post as usual. But in the meantime I'm lamenting:
of swollen hands and ankles
of feel like an egg in a pan that has to be constantly flipped instead of sleeping
of heartburn that comes in the middle of a sleep flip
of heartburn that comes in the middle of a sleep flip
of people in/around my household that move my baking soda cup (what I use for heartburn) so in the middle of the night/morning I have to put more brain powder (ugh, I'm leaving that typo b/c it just fits, ok?) to hunt down a spoon and cup.
of life that goes on even when I'm lamenting leaving me even more worn trying to find tenants for a couple properties in the midst of my current affliction (b/c yes...at 33 weeks it IS an affliction).
People have been asking me "So do you think this pregnancy has been easier?"
Usually I just shrug...but this morning I'll tell ya. And I'll tell ya straight....there is NOTHING easy about being pregnant. I wish I could be one of those women who enjoys it, who basks in the glow, who would (and do) willingly subject myself to it over and over again. I'm not. I don't like being pregnant. I don't enjoy being pregnant really. However, I love my Madelyn more than air and I love my son too much already.
Oh..the other answer...on comparing pregnancies. They've both been about the same. Madelyn's was very hard b/c I allowed alot of outside stress to get to me. This one is NOW starting to really suck b/c I"m very big. See I gained 58 lbs with Madelyn and only lost 40, even breastfeeding for 15 months didn't take off the leftover 18 or anything else. I also didn't work at it. I figured (stupidly) that it would just be easier to lose it all once we were done doing the baby thing. So when I got pregnant again...it's me who yes, was already about 30lbs over what the BMI tells me I should be, plus the 20 from Madelyn, and now I'm 40 MORE into this pregnancy and pregnant + overweight is really taking it's toll on my body. So, frick, I still haven't really given a quick answer have I? Let's say that the bulk of this pregnancy has been easier. There...emphasis on bulk. My bulk. *shudders*

2 comments:
BMI Schmee MI...you are not nearly the incredible bulk your mama is so try to relax a bit abt it! I am sorry that you have not had breezy pregnancies my sweet girl but the old saying is (or ought to be) anything worth having is worth waiting, fighting, suffering or being miserable for...you have already said you love Madelyn more than air and you love your son already and truly, even though there will be times that you can't imagine now that your heart will break for or because of your angels, they are truly worth everything you go through to bring them into the world and learn from them as you teach them to be all that they can and should be. Boy, was that a run on sentence or what? Hang in there my lovely daughter and I'll try not to move that blasted cup again ... sorry, I thought I set it back on the canister dealie really! Love you!
I'm sorry your pregnancy sucks :( He is SO worth it though!! As for your bulk-- you still haven't gained as much as me-- you looked great when I saw you! And with a horrible pregnancy where are you finding time to be crafty??? Seriously!? You make me look bad and I'm not pregnant ;) Hang in there lady!! Call me if you need anything- or if you just want to get out and let your sweet girl play.
Post a Comment